UNC Charlotte is committed to fostering mutual respect among all members of the University community. If a student has any issue or concern regarding the living and learning environment or established policies at UNC Charlotte, the University has developed a Student Grievance Procedure outling how to submit a formal grievance. Students are encouraged to review policy information, should they wish to submit a formal grievance.
The Office of Student Assistance and Support Services (SASS), a function of the Dean of Students Office, can also serve as a resource for students seeking information regarding grievances and appropriate avenues to express concerns about their University experiences. If you are considering submitting a Student Grievance Report to the SASS office for support, here are some important things to review prior to contacting the SASS office:
- If you have a concern with a professor or instructor, please contact the appropriate department chair, as chairs have direct oversight of professors/instructors
- If you are looking to appeal a final course grade, please thoroughly read the University’s established Policy and Procedure for Student Appeals of Final Course Grades and follow the prescribed steps
- Student Grievance Report forms should be used to submit a complaint if you have made attempts to but been unable to satisfactorily resolve the issue at hand
- If you have made attempts to resolve the issue at hand without resolution, please contact the SASS Office
- Do not use the Student Grievance Report if you are experiencing personal grief due to a loss. If you need assistance with an absence verification due to grief of some kind, please review information related to the Absence Verification process
If you would like guidance regarding a grievance or concern or are unsure if submitting a Student Grievance Report is the right avenue to voice your specific concern, please contact the Office of Student Assistance and Support Services at 704-687-0289 to speak with a staff member.